Make your own free website on



You may comment on filings by using the FERC E-Filing Procedure. See the FERC Guide . However, this can be tricky so I will try to help you along.

Documents appropriate for E-Filing are comments on notices of proposed rulemakings, interventions, and comments on filings. Go here to start the e-filing process. You will have to set up an e-filing account. Follow the FERC procedures to do this. You will then be able to use this account for any future filings you make. After you log in, the next screen requires you to identify the type of filing you are making. Make your selection and proceed to the next screen. Proceed until you get to the screen that says "Enter Docket Number." This is where I have found the procedure to be tricky. Precise compliance with the procedures seems to be required. Enter the docket number in the box across from "Docket". Do not enter the docket number in the box opposite "Docket List." After you enter the docket number, click on "Add Docket to List." The docket number will then appear in the large box opposite "Docket List." For Lake Murray, enter the docket in precisely this form: P-516-000 . If you know a sub docket, substitute it for the three zeros. If you do not have a sub docket, you must enter the zeros. Then continue. The procedure is fairly self-explanatory from then on. The trick is getting the docket entered properly. FERC will determine if your filing is proper and will send you email confirmation. Your document will become a public document that can be retrieved from the FERC RIMS website.

All Filings - Electronic and Paper

Motions to intervene and documents filed by intervenors must be served on each person whose name appears on the service list for the project.

All filings must bear in all capital letters the title "COMMENTS", "RECOMMENDATIONS FOR TERMS AND CONDITIONS", "PROTESTS", or "MOTION TO INTERVENE", as applicable, and the Project Number of the particular application to which the filing refers.

If an intervenor files comments or documents with the Commission relating to the merits of an issue that may affect the responsibilities of a particular resource agency, they must also serve a copy on the agency.

Paper Filing

To make a paper filing, address your correspondence to David P. Boergers, Secretary, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, 888 First Street, N.E., Washington, D.C. 20426. Send the original and eight copies. Comments, terms and conditions, motions to intervene, and protests may be filed electronically by the internet as set forth above. A cop of any motion to intervene must also be served upon each representative of the Applicant specified in the particular application. Be sure and reference Project 516, include the sub docket number if you know it, and describe the document to which you are commenting if in reference to a specific matter. The document should ultimately appear as a public record on the RIMS site. Keep checking. I have never received an acknowledgement of anything I have filed by paper and assume FERC must not routinely acknowledge receipt of paper filings.

Go here for instruction on how to use the RIMS site.